Monday, March 21, 2011

Still waiting....

I apologize for not posing more frequently, but we're just at that boring stage of waiting for paperwork again.  On February 25 we packed up the kids and headed to Jacksonville, Florida for our immigration fingerprints at the Department of Homeland Security office.  It was a completely uneventful trip, where we dashed down there one afternoon, let the kids play in the sand on the beach for all of 30 minutes, and then went to dinner and went to bed.  Next morning we got up, got fingerprinted, stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast, and then dashed back home.  Not much excitement, but at least we were in and out in a matter of minutes.

I have been keeping up with some other online acquaintances who had their immigration applications (I800-A) received at the same time ours was.  One family was told their officer approved their paperwork today and they should be receiving their approval in the mail any day now.  I am hoping ours was on the same officer's desk.

This is the last document we need to complete our dossier.  Once I receive it, I need to make a copy of it and have that notarized.  Then it goes up the usual chain of certifications and then the entire packet of documents goes to the courier in Texas.  She will take the documents to the Houston Chinese consulate.  Once we get the documents authenticated there, we're done!  Just ship the package to our adoption agency, and on to China it goes.  Then we wait.all.summer.

We are keeping busy by racing down the last stretch of the school year.  Next week the girls and I will take some R&R at our timeshare in NC, so that will be a pleasant little break.  I was just hoping we'd get the adoption documents done before then. Oh well.  God's timing is perfect.  I will trust He will send my stuff when He wants me to have it.

Please continue to keep our babies in prayer.  Tomorrow is a very special day....our little girl's first birthday.  It is hard to think about her in that orphanage, with no celebration of her first year, and probably no one even remembering it.  My prayers are not only with her, but also with her Chinese Momma who most likely misses her and wonders how she is doing.  I don't imagine she's forgotten that day a year ago when she gave birth to our daughter--hers and mine.  My heart goes out to her....

Happy Birthday, dear Sarah Irene.

1 comment:

  1. Petrie, how blessed she is that you remember her Chinese Momma and hold her in your prayers. This birthday will be hard for all of you! She is there and you are here AND her birth mother must wonder daily where she is and how she is doing. Life is so complicated! Thank God that He has a perfect plan for all involved. It frees us up to move forward seeking His will knowing that all will be as He as determined.

    ReplyDelete