Frustrating. Maddening. AAAARGH!!!
Those were my first thoughts when Emily told me what happened. God took care of it all, but someone really messed up somewhere along the line! What a reminder that we are all so fallible. I need to pray more and more for my expectations to line up with what God wants, and not with how I want other people to behave....
Emily called me back regarding her phone conversation with the GBI this morning. Let's just say it was good news, but it was maddening. Apparently, Jay's original electronic prints, done back in October, were cleared on October 5th. Yes, October 5th! But somehow the GBI sent the results to the Lee County Sheriff's department rather than to the adoption agency, so when the agency went to check on the clearances, they were not available, so we were told they were rejected. Jay had a second set of prints done and they were rejected, and then he had to get the manual prints done and they were lost!
I'm not sure where to point fingers on this, so I'm just going to have to let it go. I'm disgusted, but can't do anything about it now, so I just need to press on.
Emily is finalizing and notarizing the homestudy now. I should get it in the middle of next week and be able to take it to the courthouse for certification and then mail it on to Atlanta. I was going to send all our other documents to Atlanta early next week, but I may as well save some FedEx postage and just mail all the documents together.
Then I also have to send in our I-800 application along with a copy of the homestudy to the USCIS. Hopefully that will get us a fingerprint date in Jacksonville, FL before the end of January. I could use a little beach vacation down that way pretty soon, anyway! Would have been nice to do it while Jacob was out of school. Oh well.
So back to the waiting game. Hopefully we'll make some good progress by the end of next week, and who knows? By the grace of God, I might actually get the dossier to Houston by the beginning of February.
Praying for you to be DTC soon, soon, soon! I like that our paths are looking closer and closer even though I want yours to move faster :)
ReplyDelete