Monday, January 31, 2011

Goodness Beyond Measure

Goodness!  I don't even know how to begin.  It's all good.  God is good!  He is more than good!

Yesterday at church there were so many things on my mind, and as often happens, the Lord spoke through His Word and through the sermon, right into my heart.  Besides the many answered prayers, and even those unspoken prayers, God has made the way clear for us and has opened doors. My church family prayed for us, and shared our hearts for our children yet to come.

Last week Jay and I had a night out, and I very much enjoyed talking to him about the future with the possibility of having five children.  We have a lot of friends with five children, so it's not an amazing, overwhelming, or intimidating thing to me.  I know I'll have my work cut out for me, to say the least!  But Jay is obviously in a very different position than I am.  He's at the point in his life where he should be thinking about retiring, and here we are essentially in the early part of parenting!  All he could really say was "I don't know how we're going to do it.".  He didn't say it in a way that cast doubt on our ability to do it or the ability of God to provide for us, but more as in he is waiting to see how God is going to work it all out for us.  We are both eager to see how we're going to do it!

Today we got the excellent news that the CCAA has approved the request to make our little girl's file available to us.  I received her referral paperwork around noon, and got my first glimpse of her.  Oh, she's precious!  I did not expect such a beautiful little moon face!

She is ten months old and has had surgery, but seems to have some lower limb issues.  With spina bifida, there is really no way to predict how well a child will do after surgery.  She had her surgery very shortly after she entered the orphanage, and recovered as well as can be expected.  The paperwork described her as "active" and "restless".  Hmmmm...that would be two "restless" kids.  I might be in for more than I bargained!

But I am very excited, very humbled, and I feel beyond blessed.  Just ten years ago I was unsure we'd ever see the day we'd have children in our home, and today we're looking at our fifth referral!  How can that be? God has always known all along what was best for us, what was best for our children, and when it was best to bring it all together.  I could write a very long post on the multiple ways He has poured out his love on us; indeed, I think I could write a book.

But that will have to wait a few years.  I am going to be pretty busy in the not-too-distant-future.  And I'm loving the thought of it!

3 comments:

  1. Praise God! And His timing is perfect. I'm praying that you will be able to make one trip and bring them both back together. You and Jay can handle this virtual twinning with the Lord's help and guidance. And I think that Miss Merrilee will be a tremendous help and Jacob will entertain them with his antics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh Praise God Petrie--wow this is such exciting news. I saw your post on FB and thought--oh I must know what's happening--darted out of bed--and to my computer to see what miacles God is unfolding for you.

    I'm so excited for you! Praying God comforts jay's heart by giving him a peek at the how's--and for you--well I think you are fully equipped--with your faith, your heart and your un-ending love!

    Love and God Bless YOU my sweet friend--you are so very deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE to see this post, like Lisa said, you are so deserving of this, and are going to be an amazing mother of FIVE!!! I will be praying for you and Jay, and the rest of your family and family-to-be, and also for speedy approvals so you can bring your 2 children home soon!!!

    ReplyDelete