Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Finally, another significant milestone!

We got our completed homestudy in our fat little hands last Friday, Janaury 21.  What a wonderful thing to have that part of the journey done!  Of course, I had hoped to receive it prior to Friday so I could get it sent out for certification in Atlanta last week, but I was still happy to get it when I did.

So this week has been about pushing the paperwork a little farther.  I sent all of our Georgia documents to Atlanta for state certification on Monday, and hope to get those back maybe late next week.  And yesterday I sent in our I-800A application to the USCIS lockbox in Dallas.  This is a big step in getting us closer to sending our dossier to China.  Now we wait for a fingerprint appointment in Jacksonville, FL and hope our application gets approved as soon as possible.  I still doubt we'll be DTC by February 26th, our deadline for our approval to adopt Joshua, but we can get a short extension if we need to.

Now I have nothing to do but wait.  In the meantime, we are hoping to get another referral from AWAA.  It's a longish story, and another example of God's hand at work, but I'll save that for another post.

Hope to hear from the USCIS soon....

1 comment:

  1. Hugs hugs hugs my friend....we are simply hoping to hear we are DTC this week. If these delays keep up, we may just be in the same time frame! Praying for you today as you start another wait...for approval, appts, and a special referral!

    ReplyDelete