Friday, September 17, 2010

It's Official!

As of today, we have officially been accepted into America World Adoption Agency's China program.  (Insert a little sigh of relief here).  It feels good to know the first tiny hurdle is out of the way.  Apparently our ages are acceptable, and our financial situation meets everyone's requirements.   Now we're looking forward to the harder stuff.

I spoke to Emily, our social worker, today.  And she gave me some insight into what lies ahead for us in doing a GA homestudy.  It actually sounds like it won't be much more difficult than MD was.  In fact, some of it might be a bit easier.  Our sheriff's office is just down the road, the FBI fingerprints can be done right in Albany, and there is a CIS office in Jacksonville, FL where Jay often goes for work (and one of our favorite beach hangouts!), so we may even enjoy this round of paperwork more than we ever have before!

I'm feeling a bit more relaxed about all the requirements and necessary documentation for the Hague process than I was two weeks ago.  I think it's going to be a lot less frustrating than I first anticipated.  I hope I don't put my foot in my mouth on this one!

So we enter the weekend knowing where we stand with the adoption agency, and I am pleased to notice the entire turn around from application to approval only took five days.  With our last application in 2007, it was a full two weeks before we heard back from the agency.  I almost hope this one doesn't go too fast!  There's something about the process and anticipation that I rather enjoy, and I want to savor all of it this time.

Looking forward to a restful weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment